The referenced account is currently locked out– as a user of windows 10 if you have entered the wrong password more than three times that you will the message on screen which says ‘The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to’. Now no need to panic, most of the time the problem occurs with a number of users. The users who are using the Local Administrator account and even standard users.
If you have forgotten your password and have been locked out of your account than the first thing that you should is to wait for at least 30 minutes before trying again
The Referenced Account Is Currently Locked Out
Also Check: err_internet_disconnected
One more reason for such incidents is when a domain controller or system administrator had configured the Account Lockout threshold policy earlier. If such issue takes place, first of all, stop trying alternatives and wait for minimum 30 minutes, or whatever waiting for the timer is been set up your administrator.
One the wait time is over you can again try the logging in the process using the right password this time.
After you get in your account successfully. There are some points that the system needs you to complete.
- Go to Start>Search and type gpedit.msc press enter and Local Group Policy Editor will open
- Once you are on Local Group Policy Editor Look for Security Settings, see the submenu open Account Policy and click on Account Lockout Threshold.
- Once inside the Account Lockout Threshold you will be able to access the main panel of your windows>> double click on Account lockout threshold
- On the open window, you will see Local security tab click open it and the box under Account will not lock out will show some values.
- Changes there Preset value to ‘0’
- Click on ‘OK’ button to apply the settings.
- Now restart you Windows and use it normally
It did, yes you have rectified the issue of the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to’
Another thing that you should note here is, if it the local computer that you are using with only one admin account, then you will not find ‘Account lockout threshold policies’ settings configured.
In such a case, you need to follow different steps. You will be required to change your password through Password reset disk, but, for doing that you the disk should have been created earlier.
In case you can’t remember your account password reset it via Password Reset disk, which you have created earlier.
Following the above steps and procedure, you can easily solve the issue of The Referenced Account Is Currently Locked Out after waiting for 30 minutes before you do anything.