Problem with wireless adapter or Access point: A wireless adapter is a wireless Network Interface Controller which helps in connecting the pc to the wireless devices. It does not make use of any wired media. It uses the microwave radiation for transmitting the information. It can be a Bluetooth, or an internet connection or any connection that requires communication from one point o another.
Problem With Wireless Adapter or Access Point
Also Read: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION in Windows 10
It can be inbuilt or it can be placed outside the pc via the USB.
It has two modes of operation: the infrastructure mode and the Ad-hoc mode. The IEEE 802.11 sets the specification for the wireless networks in the computer. The basic specifications include the following:
- The rate at which the data is transferred
- Transmitted power
- Wireless network standards
This 802.11 standard is not present in the Bluetooth.
What is a Wireless Adapter or Access Point
The range of the wireless networks is also affected by many things. There are certain devices and things that obstruct the waves that are transmitted finally\y reduction in the speed of the transfer like large electric appliances, fuse boxes metal plumbing, and air conditioning units can impede a wireless network signal.
How to fix Problem with Wireless Adapter or Access Point
In today’s world, there is a necessity of internet in everyone life. Everyone wants to connect tot eh internet as here you can do any type of work starting from giving a message to anyone to learning any type of activity which you are interested.
For accessing the internet a wireless adapter is needed and is to be configured properly for the proper functioning of the internet. If you do not configure your adapter properly then you will have some problems in accessing the internet.
One such problem is a problem with the wireless network adapter.
In the following article, we will see some of the techniques by which we can detect and correct the problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter.
Below are the techniques and solution on How to fix the problem with wireless adapter or access point:
Technique 1: Reconfiguring the profile – Wireless Network
Sometimes due to the virus in the computer or improper configuration the wireless profile gets deleted or corrupted and you get an error that you have a problem with your wireless adapter or access point. for removing this error delete the profile which is currently present in your computer. Deletion of the profiles can be done in the following two ways:
Using Network List:
Using network list to remove the network profile just follow the below steps:
- Point your cursor in the taskbar and click on the bottom-right icon of the network in the taskbar
- A pop-up will open and it will contain the list of the available networks on the pc
- Right-click the profile you want to change
- There is an option to FORGET THE NETWORK. Press the Forget the network button.
- With pressing this icon will delete that network profile form the pc.
- Restart the pc.
Deletion of the profile using Command Prompt:
If you are facing any difficulties in deleting the profile from the above technique then no need to worry, follow the below steps:
- Hover your mouse to the extreme right of the screen.
- A list of icons will appear.
- Search the command prompt by clicking on the find menu.
- The command prompt will open and type the following command in the window.
- Type: netsh wlan delete profile name=”WirelessProfileName”.
- Just replace WirelessProfileName with your network name.
Technique 2: if the above things don’t work then check for the latest drivers installed on your pc
There can be drivers which are not updated or outdated drivers. Open the website where particular your driver can be found and download the latest drivers.
When you went for purchase for your pc you got a Cd for your pc
Although the drivers present on the cd may be outdated so it is recommended to install it from the internet only.
Technique 3: Maybe you could be entering the wrong password:
You should always put a password for your network or else your neighbors could be enjoying the free network. Sometimes it is possible that when you are pressing the right key but the keyboard may be entering the wrong password.
Double check the password by clicking on the show password button.
Technique 4: Checking using command prompt
There are certain commands which are there so that just type the command and get the result. See the below-mentioned codes:
- Open Command prompt as described as above procedure.
- You can put the following commands:
netsh int IP reset
check if the problem is solved.
Technique 5: by removing the Antivirus
Sometimes the antivirus also interferes with the network adapter and the settings. So now uninstall the particular antivirus and see if the problem still persists.
Another option is to temporarily disable the antivirus rather than completely uninstalling it.
Technique 6: See if your network adapter is disabled/enabled
Sometimes due to a virus or installing third-party problems in the pc, network-related settings, the adapter may get temporarily disabled. To check whether it got disabled follow the below steps:
- Open This PC window
- Open the control panel and click on the device manager
- A pop-up window will appear and see on the options for the wireless adapter menu on your device manager.
- Right click on the icon and open the properties
- You will see a driver tab in the device manager and then click on the enable.
- If the enable button is not present then the setting is already enabled.
Technique 7: setting the router by Resetting it
Generally, it is the main problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter. When the router is configured in an improper way there is a lot of chance that there could be an error. In order to reset the router, you have to press the reset button that is present on the router. Alternatively, open the router settings and click on the reset tab but the first one is a lot simpler.
With your router, you had a manual with it. So see in the manual and follow the steps to reset the router.
- what does problem with wireless adapter or access point mean
- problem with wireless adapter or access point detected windows 7
- problem with wireless adapter or access point windows 7 dell
- problem with wireless adapter or access point windows 7 lenovo
- problem with wireless adapter or access point not fixed
- problem with wireless adapter or access point windows 7 toshiba
- problem with wireless adapter or access point windows 7 asus
- problem with wireless adapter or access point windows 7 acer