Headphone Jack Not Working Windows 10: We have come across an issue of Windows 10 on a Dell laptop which has the Realtek HD audio adapter and we are going to tell you the process that will help you fix headphones jack to send audio to external speaker system.
Note: we strongly suggest you that before trying all the fixes make sure that you are using the appropriate drivers for your sound card, as there have been some cases that Realtek and you can download the default drivers.
Headphone Jack Not Working Windows 10
Also Read: Kernel Data Inpage Error
In this section, we are going to make you familiar with all the methods that will help you fix the problem in your Windows 10 that says “Headphone Jack Not Working Windows 10”. Let us now check out all the methods and fix the problem permanently.
METHOD 1: Let Windows Automatically Update Your Audio/Sound Drivers
This is one of the basic methods which will help you fix the issue from your device and you will be able to enjoy your favorite music tracks. Following are the easy steps which you must follow in order to fix the problem.
- The first step in the process is to right click on your sound icon.
- Now, you need to click on the Sounds button and then go to the Playback
- Click on the Speakers/Headphones
- Then, click on the Properties
- After that, you will get to see Controller Information and a button Properties which you need to click.
- You need to click on the Change Settings (Needs Administrators Permission)
- Navigate to the Driver Tab and click on the Update Driver
- Lastly, let the data gets downloaded automatically.
- Yes, you are done! You can check your headphones now. This method will surely fix Headphones not working issue from your Windows 10. If the problem persists, you must restart the system and check.
METHOD 2: Manually Update Your Sound/Audio Drivers
If you opt for Method 1 and it did not work for you then, we suggest you to go for the Method 2 and this will surely fix the issue from your Windows 10.
Follow the instructions given below:
- The first step is to right click on the “This PC” or “My Computer” option from your screen.
- Select the Properties
- From the Properties Windows, you need to select the “Device Manager” option.
- Below Sound, Video and Game controllers, you need to right click on the “High Definition Audio Device” option and then select “Properties”.
- Next, you need to locate “Driver Tab” in the High Definition Audio Device Properties and then select the “Update Driver “option.
- Click on the Browser my computer for driver software.
- Then, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Hit the High Definition Audio Device, and click Next button.
- From the next window, click Yes to the Warning.
- Finally, it is done, even after following this process the problem still persists, we would suggest you to restart your computer and check your headphone.
METHOD 3: Disable Front Panel Jack Detection
If Windows 10 already has installed the Realteck software, then you must open the Realteck HD Audio Manager, and check the “Headphone Jack Not Working Windows 10” option from there, Underneath the Connector settings in the right hand side of the panel.
You will see that the headphones and other audio devices are working without any issue or problem.
- Hp pavilion headphone jack not working windows 10
- Windows 10 headphones not plugged in
- Windows 10 headphones not showing up in playback devices
- Headphones not detected
- Windows 10 3.5mm jack not working
- Alienware headphone jack not working windows 10
- Headphones not working on pc
- Windows 10 headset mic not working
The following article has discussed Headphone Jack Not Working Windows 10 in detail. We have covered all the aspects related to this error and provided several methods to fix the issue which you may have found helpful. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to mention them in the comments section below.